NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, RORY MEYERS COLLEGE OF NURSING
WHO Collaborating Centre for Gerontological Nursing Education
Nancy Van Devanter
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Collaborate with PAHO/WHO, WHO Collaborating Centres, and nursing organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean to complete a Resource Guide of Competencies in Healthy Aging and Care of Older Adults for nurses and other health professionals suitable for modification and adoption by region, culture and educational level.
Increase the capacity of nurses and health care providers in Latin American and the Caribbean to implement evidence-based competencies in the promotion of healthy aging and care of older adults by collaborating in the translation of competencies for relevance to health professionals, regions, and cultures.
Collaborate with WHO/PAHO, WHO Collaborating Centres, and nursing organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean to promote models of competency –based, inter- professional education on evidence-based practices in healthy aging and care of older adults in Latin America and the Caribbean.
ANNUAL REPORT 2021
- Conducted a Needs assessment regarding Healthy aging and Care of the older adult in 15 Eastern Caribbean region and Jamaica, and Trinidad Tobago.
- Analysis of Needs Assessment and Development of a report to be shared with participants and with PAHO.
- The psychosocial impact on frontline nurses of caring for patients with Covid-19 during the first wave of the pandemic in New York City (Accepted by Nursing Outlook 4/15/2021).
- Study of Nurses from 4 NYC teaching hospitals regarding their experience working in the first phase of the Covid pandemic.
- Presentation of findings from the above study to Nursing leadership at Langone Health Center.
- Submission of two additional papers from the Covid NYC nurses study-currently under review.